My latest book is The One Who Swam With The Fishes.
"A mesmerizing account of the well-known story of Matsyagandha ... and her transformation from fisherman’s daughter to Satyavati, Santanu’s royal consort and the Mother/Progenitor of the Kuru clan." - Hindustan Times
"Themes of fate, morality and power overlay a subtle and essential feminism to make this lyrical book a must-read. If this is Madhavan’s first book in the Girls from the Mahabharata series, there is much to look forward to in the months to come." - Open Magazine
"A gleeful dollop of Blytonian magic ... Reddy Madhavan is also able to tackle some fairly sensitive subjects such as identity, the love of and karmic ties with parents, adoption, the first sexual encounter, loneliness, and my favourite, feminist rage." - Scroll
Sign up for my newsletter: The Internet Personified
14 November 2007
Because we're bored of being unhappy
1. It's laudae ka baal, his new creative swear
2. If anyone asks again, I'm going to say it was a one night stand!
3. Haha it's raining. hope the white top is holding up :) and the white boy too.
4. Filth that's what it is. Disgusting downright filth. I say burn us all at the stake.
5. Some people got me drunk and now im going home in a rickshaw driven by an even drunker man times like these i really wish i had a helicopter or jet pack are you feeling any better oh and this girl whose name i cannot remember said hi to me even though she was piti this racist asshole i hate but what are you gonna do you know?
6. Fuck wat u saying thats crazy long live facebook
7. We are also shiny. No laughing, all solidarity.
I have some two thousand messages in my inbox, so that's all I can find for now. Clearly, I am scraping the bottom of the barrel for blog posts now. I've been generally weepy and angst-filled recently thanks to a Saturday night from hell, but today, as my Facebook status update says: I'm snapping out of it. SNAP!
This is therefore one of those new-age interactive type blog posts, where you entertain me by posting your favourite text messages in the comment section. Out-of-context works the best, I always find. I'll add more to my own list later. It's early Tuesday morning, and some of us have work to do.
Oh, and exactly a month from today is my 26th birthday. Time to grow up, I think, no?