My latest book is The One Who Swam With The Fishes.
"A mesmerizing account of the well-known story of Matsyagandha ... and her transformation from fisherman’s daughter to Satyavati, Santanu’s royal consort and the Mother/Progenitor of the Kuru clan." - Hindustan Times
"Themes of fate, morality and power overlay a subtle and essential feminism to make this lyrical book a must-read. If this is Madhavan’s first book in the Girls from the Mahabharata series, there is much to look forward to in the months to come." - Open Magazine
"A gleeful dollop of Blytonian magic ... Reddy Madhavan is also able to tackle some fairly sensitive subjects such as identity, the love of and karmic ties with parents, adoption, the first sexual encounter, loneliness, and my favourite, feminist rage." - Scroll
Sign up for my newsletter: The Internet Personified
1) A byline. Which is always nice.
2) A link to your preferred URL.
3) Promotion on my Twitter & Facebook feed.
And that's pretty much it, really, at this time.
If you're still here, here are the submission guidelines:
1) I'm not asking you to go through ten years of archives, but have a look around, see the style and the setting and what would work. At the moment, the definition of the blog is very broad--tales from urban India, so it could be anything really from your life.
2) Try and tell a coherent story that will appeal to the readers of this blog. Vivid experiences, a strong opinion about something, even recommendations. People respond when you're not wishy-washy. PS: Lists are a really good way to go.
3) PLEASE proofread. Check spelling and grammar. No SMS-ese please.
4) Submissions not over 600-800 words. This is the internet, people have short attention spans. If you have a good idea for a wonderful long form post, please email me with a pitch before you get started.
Email to email@example.com