1) Just returned from premiere/party for White Noise. (Please, please, save your money, don't watch it. It's terrible. Trust me). Anyway, I noticed at the party, which was at Agni, that Rahul Bose has the cutest ass I have seen in a very long time. It just beckons--come touch me, eM, come touch me. Well, you'll be happy to know, I restrained myself, even when I was talking to him, even when he leaned way over to talk directly into my ear because the music was so loud, even when he told me he had to put on five kilos for his role in a Bengali movie and I took a good look at his perfectly chiselled abs, visible even through the black shirt he was wearing...mmmmm! You can keep your Shah Rukhs and Salmans, ask not for whom the groin flutters, Rahul, it flutters for thee.
2) Koel Purie on the other hand, despite being quite cute, is a terrible actress. I believe she and Rahul (look at me first-naming him!) were having a scene a while back. But not any more! Yay, yay. Not that I for one moment believe that Rahul and I could ever be together, but he needs to be with someone worthy of him, you know? Someone who will respect the ass, baby.
3) My cousins, of which I have six--all of them boys of assorted shapes, sizes and ages--have started a Yahoo group for the seven of us. It's really quite a sweet idea, and a great way to restore all those family ties that have been getting rather musty. And I feel all cool belonging to a Yahoo group. Actually, truth be told I belong to three, including this one. One for the boarding school alumnus, which I really must unsubscribe from because the only people posting are the ones from the batch of 78 or something and hello, if you graduated before I was even born, then I really don't think we're going to know the same people. The other one was *ahem* a Wiccan group, Wicca being something I was heavily into for a while. Ya, I can still read the tarot and I still, occassionaly cast a feel-good spell for myself. (Okay, since you asked, it's easy-peasy: Take a bath (a bucket bath will do) and dissolve some regular salt in it. Light some candles in the four corner of your bathroom (it helps if you have red or yellow candles). Then as you bathe, you chant 'Negativity is washed away, I am renewed as of today, Many heads will turn my way, Those I choose will wish to stay') Usually it works like a charm, but that could be just psychological as well. Give it a shot anyway, if you're curious. And no, I'm not crazy. Just dabbling in the occult, hee hee hee.
4) Pieces is in town! And tomorrow night we're going to TC and then I'm going to crash at her house and it'll be just like old times, only we're older. I love the gal pals. Have I mentioned that before? Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without my core group of friends. I've also been listening to a lot of Lean On Me (when you'e not strong, I'll be your friend, I'll help you cah-rree on etc) in case you can't tell.
5) Tan-tara-tara! Finally finished my SOP and though it still looks like shit, I'm hoping it's adequate enough to get me through college. Now, all that remains are writing samples--of which I have a few, only I have to turn 800 words into 3,000 per story magically. (Maybe now's a good time to brush up on the witchcraft, eh?)
6) I've been bumping into quite a few old colleagues lately, and every time I meet them I miss my old job. A former colleague of mine died recently. I didn't know her all that well, she was very new and I was quitting so I didn't really make the effort. But it was quite tragic--she was at work, then she went home and went to sleep and slipped into a coma. She died two days later--multiple organ failure, apparently. I'm sorry, this is not a funny story at all, but I'm still kinda shocked by the suddenness of it all. And she was so young, only 26. GSB, if you're reading this, email me sometime, just to let me know you're still alive and kicking.
7) But I still do enjoy my new job, when I have the energy to enjoy it. I know somewhere at the back of my tired mind is a strange serenity that comes out of job satisfaction. But oh, I'm so tired. (Time for another song I think: I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink/ I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink/I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink....)
postscript: Thank you Anurag for your sweet email and excellent suggestions about the SOP which I have followed, so I hope this works! Keep your fingers crossed for me.