My latest book is The One Who Swam With The Fishes.
"A mesmerizing account of the well-known story of Matsyagandha ... and her transformation from fisherman’s daughter to Satyavati, Santanu’s royal consort and the Mother/Progenitor of the Kuru clan." - Hindustan Times
"Themes of fate, morality and power overlay a subtle and essential feminism to make this lyrical book a must-read. If this is Madhavan’s first book in the Girls from the Mahabharata series, there is much to look forward to in the months to come." - Open Magazine
"A gleeful dollop of Blytonian magic ... Reddy Madhavan is also able to tackle some fairly sensitive subjects such as identity, the love of and karmic ties with parents, adoption, the first sexual encounter, loneliness, and my favourite, feminist rage." - Scroll
Sign up for my newsletter: The Internet Personified
22 August 2004
13 Things You Probably Didn't Need To Know About Me
2) I haven't seen the Lord Of The Rings or the Matrix trilogy, and I'm still alive and kicking.
3) I reach for a salty snack before a sweet one.
4) I was born in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
5) My mum's a journalist too. In fact, she even covers books, same as me. And if one more person says, "Following in your mother's footsteps, eh?" I will scream.
6) My dad's in the government service. He doesn't live in Delhi, but drops by every once in a while. He's also a writer in Malayalam.
7) I have a problem with confrontation. I'm also extremely lazy. Sometimes I'm even too lazy for sex.
8) When I'm stuck in traffic jams I fantasise about my perfect car called Kit, which navigates itself, plays me music and shows me DVDs, parks itself and can fly if need be. I also sometimes sing Backstreet's Back.
9) I like pretending I'm Britney Spears recieving a Grammy in the shower.
10) I have David Beckham wallpaper on my computer screen and every time I close all my windows I just stare at him for a while and sigh.
11) I have dated (flings included) about 10 men.
12) My favourite part of my body is my stomach because it's flat and pierced with a silved earring with a shiny pink stone.
13) When I doodle, I draw eyes. Sometimes faces too, but eyes the most. And snails.