2. Doing a Carrie Bradshaw at the OMFG SO MUCH CLOSET SPACE I CAN HAVE HANGERS AGAIN WHEEEEEEEE!
3. The light switches are way fancy with dimmers. It's true. I need boing-boing porno music in the background.
4. Like the awesome closet space, an even more awesome dressing table. (see right, with my feet in the foreground) I'm serious. It has a mirror lined with lights (which are white, meh, most unflattering) and a stool to pull up to it so you can be a lady of leisure and dabble on your face in your towel.
5. Running water. My old house hasn't had 24-hour water in a while.
6. The cool door-light thingy. You open the door to the house and like a hotel, the light above the door comes on. And then goes off when you shut it. Isn't that great?
7. Its proximity to everything. Imagine living two years in Bombay and only ever being able to have pizza or Indian home delivered. This afternoon, I called for Lebanese. Dude.
8. Living with JC means I can walk around in my underwear at all times and no one will gasp in horror and say, "Cover yourself up!" In fact, we both walk around in our underwear. It's very liberating, except each time the doorbell rings, there is a mad dash to the bedroom to throw on some clothes.
9. My "office" area is in a niche, half-closed in by a wall and a bookshelf (picture on the left), so no one can see me. And I face a window. It's almost like having my own room.
10. Because I now live so close to everything and everyone, people have been popping round for the last week and I never have to go out drinking again. (Well, I might get bored of just sitting at home soon, but for now, see point one). I'm hoping to have a whole open house hippy vibe established, where people can just come over with a bottle of vodka or a packet of chips and sit and chill all day. We even got our superfast wi-fi going, so we're all good.
I'm peaced out. Long may it last.