2. Doing a Carrie Bradshaw at the OMFG SO MUCH CLOSET SPACE I CAN HAVE HANGERS AGAIN WHEEEEEEEE!
3. The light switches are way fancy with dimmers. It's true. I need boing-boing porno music in the background.
4. Like the awesome closet space, an even more awesome dressing table. (see right, with my feet in the foreground) I'm serious. It has a mirror lined with lights (which are white, meh, most unflattering) and a stool to pull up to it so you can be a lady of leisure and dabble on your face in your towel.
5. Running water. My old house hasn't had 24-hour water in a while.
6. The cool door-light thingy. You open the door to the house and like a hotel, the light above the door comes on. And then goes off when you shut it. Isn't that great?
7. Its proximity to everything. Imagine living two years in Bombay and only ever being able to have pizza or Indian home delivered. This afternoon, I called for Lebanese. Dude.
8. Living with JC means I can walk around in my underwear at all times and no one will gasp in horror and say, "Cover yourself up!" In fact, we both walk around in our underwear. It's very liberating, except each time the doorbell rings, there is a mad dash to the bedroom to throw on some clothes.
9. My "office" area is in a niche, half-closed in by a wall and a bookshelf (picture on the left), so no one can see me. And I face a window. It's almost like having my own room.
10. Because I now live so close to everything and everyone, people have been popping round for the last week and I never have to go out drinking again. (Well, I might get bored of just sitting at home soon, but for now, see point one). I'm hoping to have a whole open house hippy vibe established, where people can just come over with a bottle of vodka or a packet of chips and sit and chill all day. We even got our superfast wi-fi going, so we're all good.
I'm peaced out. Long may it last.
Wow..congrats for the new house :)ReplyDelete
The "office" sounds lovely, and what view does the window offer?ReplyDelete
wow, congrats. your house sound wonderful. TC:))ReplyDelete
The house sounds nice!ReplyDelete
And dude, I have been craving Lebanese food with every pore of my body. What's the place?
enjoy it till the novelty lasts ... and even later :)ReplyDelete
Wow. This sounds amazing. I am happy for you! Hope you never get bored.ReplyDelete
I just feel sweet envy...like roaming in your underwear with your partner in a plush house eating some yummm lebabnese food...sounds like a dream...hearty congratulations on the new house eM! Would love to see some pics!ReplyDelete
hei congrats. and how s tc coping with all the fuss? he got mice to catch?ReplyDelete
the house description makes me jealous! but really happy for u... good to know about it... enjoy!ReplyDelete
enjoy your new space :)ReplyDelete
and oh yes,how's TC? (his fanbase is probably bigger than yours now.watch out! :P)ReplyDelete
Are you only in underwear??ReplyDelete
Oooooo Dimmers! i've a strange fascination with them. oh-so-fancyReplyDelete
and Lebanese ?! O_O nah-ees
PS: maybe you should hang a house-coat by the door, thats what i do whenever i DO get to strut in my undies.
Awesome post.Congrats on the new house.I love the way you have described it.Have a great weekend.ReplyDelete
nice-ish view i'd say..ReplyDelete
Out of curiosity, did you have a hard time finding someone to rent to an unmarried and therefore completely immoral couple? :)ReplyDelete
hell yes! T and I are coming over for drinks when I'm in Bombay end June. hurray for awesome new houses in bandra:)ReplyDelete
And nice window nook there. But pink walls? How does your man deal? :)ReplyDelete
area of this new house being??ReplyDelete
ps i LIKE your cat!
Lol, I want a cool door-light thing too!! Yes, it's because I'm too lazy to walk to the switch board and switch all the lights off.
Hehe, does TC have his own space in the new house?
ah - the hippie vibe.. very importantReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
congrats..your house sounds nice!enjoy with your new space..ReplyDelete
hey meenu..dis was what was needed after all this while...ReplyDelete
a house to call ur own n dat too wid ur beau..
heavenly bliss....congrats...njoy being in d buff!!
nail polish, anklet, stylishly captured ...you're fleet flirting!!!ReplyDelete
hey...i was seeing "we the people" on NDTV from where i got to know about you and the blog.ReplyDelete
What compels me to read is the erotic nature it brings.
Keep the words flowing...I really appreciate your writing..good work.
The new house sounds/looks great. We are in the process of getting one for ourselves too.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
A BIG yay for the pictures.Lovely to see your house.The light-thingy does sound incredibly naaaaaaaaaice!!ReplyDelete
Hope you have a great time love filled life with JC Miss Pretty Feet :).
i love the carrie bradshaw bit. wardrobe is MOST important. then the bath and the bed. love ur style. dude.ReplyDelete
Touchwood...for the peacefullness, the soft pace and...er...the pretty feet? ;) try as I may i cannot get my feet to look like that no matter how many people r scrubbing away at it!!!ReplyDelete
i love ur blog...know what i'd love even more? An autogaphed copy of ur book.I mean i could get it in delhi but it wont be the same now will it?
[il pay u!! not chep..well a student but not cheap!]
I jus saw u in People' a channel in Kerala, u being interviewed all I saw is the name of ur book, I caught of it and found out...ReplyDelete
U r really an interesting personality. I admire ur guts to shout all ur feelings.
Meenakshi u rock
NTHNG TO SAY ONLY 1 THING ITS SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ReplyDelete