* Not very much to write about this week, really. I've been going out quite a bit, but that's not really new. I've been bonding with Lali (Yamini is out of town) but that's not a surprising development. I'm very broke, but I'm so used to that, I think if I actually had money, I'd be surprised. Ooh, I've been doing a lot of thinking in the sphere of Relationships and so on. Does that count? I think it does. But, then again, I haven't come to any major conclusions. In fact, I haven't even come to a basic conclusion: do I or do I not want to be in a relationship right now? The part of me that's all lonely and has no one to cuddle with says yes, of course I do. But then my practical side (I have a practical side. Who knew?) takes over and I think of all the work I have to do and with book things happening and so on, do I really have the time to be able to focus on one person? Do I want to focus on one person just as things are taking off for me? Won't that be just unnecessarily tying myself down? I don't know. The jury's still out on that one. As for my ever-growing period of celibacy, I've learnt zen.
* Wow, maybe I am growing up. Oh, wait, maybe that means I'm ready to date after all. Um.. no. Whatever. I'm going to just shove my head in the sand some more.
* I went to see Susheela Raman singing at Blue Frog yesterday. I really like her stuff. And we had a hip flask, so frequent loo breaks were happening. But, BUT, she didn't play the ONE song we went to hear! Yeh Mera Deewanapan Hai from her album Love Trap and from The Namesake OST. Dude, Susheela, you let us down. Even after we yelled it out also. Hmph. That's like Coldplay coming to town and not singing Yellow or something. Oh, and people turned to me and were all like, "Do you understand what she's saying?" and I'm all no, because she's singing in TAMIL and South India is not one huge generic mass and there are actually distinct LANGUAGES. (Not that I know much Telugu or Malayalam, but I could have taken an educated guess there)
* Since this is clearly a time of concerts, next weekend, I'm going to watch Iron Maiden with Crowley. I'm more excited about the Iron Maiden after party that we're going to, but I guess I should listen to some of the music before I party up with the band, eh?
* Sooooooooooooooo, we now have winter. In Bombay! My one bargaining point in the Delhi versus Bombay debate has been taken away from me. Yesterday, the temperature was TEN POINT FIVE degrees. Wow. Now all they have to do is get a better road system in place and well, I'll have nothing to say anymore. Yesterday with the wind in my face and the sea in high tide looking lovely and picturesque (ignoring, of course, the man doing susu off the pier) I was filled with well being and happiness. I do love this city.
* My friend Damien is looking for a flatmate here, in Andheri West preferably. Email me if you're interested and I'll pass on his phone number. He's okay with either sex, but he'd prefer if he had someone on the neater side, if you know what I mean. Good thing we're not shacking up, eh?
I'll go now, to warm my fingers somewhere. Tsk, one year and already I'm a wuss about winter.