My latest book is The One Who Swam With The Fishes.
"A mesmerizing account of the well-known story of Matsyagandha ... and her transformation from fisherman’s daughter to Satyavati, Santanu’s royal consort and the Mother/Progenitor of the Kuru clan." - Hindustan Times
"Themes of fate, morality and power overlay a subtle and essential feminism to make this lyrical book a must-read. If this is Madhavan’s first book in the Girls from the Mahabharata series, there is much to look forward to in the months to come." - Open Magazine
"A gleeful dollop of Blytonian magic ... Reddy Madhavan is also able to tackle some fairly sensitive subjects such as identity, the love of and karmic ties with parents, adoption, the first sexual encounter, loneliness, and my favourite, feminist rage." - Scroll
Sign up for my newsletter: The Internet Personified
11 July 2007
Now Taking Boyfriend Applications
* Must also be willing to buy and read the new Harry Potter book and sit on me if I attempt spoilers (because I read really fast) and then have long energized debates about it
*Must be willing to admit I’m right. Well, some of the time.
* Should be open to smoking in bed.
* Should most definitely not be open to eating in bed.
* Tallish, yes?
* Ooh, and rather lean, since we're asking.
* Must love cats, and be willing to have cat hair shed all over him. Bonus points if he discovers special scratchy spot by the cheek. (From both me and tc).
* Must be creative enough to fabricate a lovely and romantic present out of dried macaroni, sparkles and glue.
* Must also have the common sense not to present the Macaroni Sparkle thing on a Significant Occasion, such as one's birthday.
* Spontaneity is valued in this position. (Including, but not limited to holidays, presents and bathroom nookies)
* Must find habits that even my best friends roll their eyes at "endearing".
* Preferably not a very good liar, either.
* Must be passionate about something--like, I don't know, painting, or writing or xboxes.
* Must be social.
* Must have a liver the size of a humpback whale.
* Must be in the same city. (Extra points for living within the free home delivery radius)
* Must be willing to check all baggage into storage for the duration of our relationship.
*Must not cry like a little girl at the mention of the word 'relationship'.
* Must not be fashion illiterate; ie; don't wear tight crotch fitting pants, or flowered fitted t-shirts. (But on the other hand, must not be too fashion savvy either, because that's just gay. A middle ground is all I ask for, someone who likes to go shopping but doesn't recommend boob belts)
*Must think I am a Literary Genius. (Another set of bonus points if you too are a LG).
* Must enjoy the occasional Karaoke night. And must get up on stage and rock the socks off Bohemian Rhapsody.
* Must love me passionately. This is all. Even when I'm snarly and PMSing.
Isn't there a bit somewhere in the Bible about "Ask and you (or thou) shall receive (or receiveth)."?" Well, are you there, God, coz I've totally asked.