My latest book is The One Who Swam With The Fishes.
"A mesmerizing account of the well-known story of Matsyagandha ... and her transformation from fisherman’s daughter to Satyavati, Santanu’s royal consort and the Mother/Progenitor of the Kuru clan." - Hindustan Times
"Themes of fate, morality and power overlay a subtle and essential feminism to make this lyrical book a must-read. If this is Madhavan’s first book in the Girls from the Mahabharata series, there is much to look forward to in the months to come." - Open Magazine
"A gleeful dollop of Blytonian magic ... Reddy Madhavan is also able to tackle some fairly sensitive subjects such as identity, the love of and karmic ties with parents, adoption, the first sexual encounter, loneliness, and my favourite, feminist rage." - Scroll
Sign up for my newsletter: The Internet Personified
25 August 2007
Things I Just Thought
* The blue Sarojini Nagar skirt with the blue top Ma got me. Heels? Maybe. The word skirt is funny. I never really thought about it before, but skirt. Were people stoned when they invented these words? Stoned even. Is it supposed to feel like a stone hit your head?
* Ooh, maybe I need spectacles.
* If thunder thunders, why doesn't lightening lighten? Lightening flashes something something something. Wait, where's my iTunes icon? Oh there it is.
* How can someone who is TWENTY FUCKING FIVE still get zits? Seriously. Considering I was smooth faced as a baby's bottom all through my adolescence. Are babies bottoms really smooth? Investigate.
* I make good coffee. Is it time for me to get waxed again? No, that's just some ingrown hair. Ew. Although if I poke it, it comes out all curly. Is that weird? This one time, I was lighting a cigarette and the lighter wouldn't come on so I held it near my face and singed my eyelashes. The erstwhile Nonboyfriend said I had the longest eyelashes EVER. I tried to measure them the other day, but they curl at the tips, so it's hard. Do people with curly hair have curly eyelashes?
* Erstwhile is a good word.
* As is rapport.
* Do I have enough money to get drunk tonight? No, I don't think so. It's almost September! Whee! I wonder where my damn credit card is. I applied for it in JULY. Although I'm not very good with the whole paying later thing.
* I really should shower.
* I wonder why no one eats cats. Or dogs. Way back when they were evolving, who picked chickens and goats and cows and decided cats aren't good eating? I think it's because they're just so damn cute. But evil. My cat, to announce his displeasure at me leaving him for TWO WHOLE DAYS, pissed all over my bed. Stupid animal. He didn't even touch Shark Tooth's bed, and he loves him just as much. I'd eat him served up with a nice gravy and french fries right now, only he's being all rumbly and purry and it's hard to hate him.
*Mmmmmmmmmmm. French fries.