* Having recently been informed of this, I now feel this unbelievable pressure. Such performance anxiety is never a good thing, because suddenly I'm looking at my previous couple of posts and going, "Really?" So since I am one of the many India representatives, I feel like I should be writing about relevant stuff, like oh, you know, our new nuclear policy or something. But, yeah, very cool to be nominated and all, but wouldn't it be even cooler if I won? I'm not sure of the etiquette involved with this things, so I'm not going to say the obvious (vote for me) but little subliminal messages, like they do for alcohol or something won't hurt. The Compulsive Confessor--better for you than alcohol. Yeah, baby.
* Have I mentioned my bathing products recently? No? Well, I have now graduated from shower gel to shower CREAM, thank you very much, and I feel all exotic and nubile when I use it, because really, the scent, teamed with a steamy shower, is enough to make me feel like I'm in a harem or something. Really. (subliminal vote for me message here) There's nothing like feeling you're in a harem to have an excellent rest of the day. As a result of this steamy shower, I'm always practically drunk by the time I exit and dress, so I get to work all dreamy eyed and pose langourously against the coffee machine. Good fun. Only I think the receptionist thinks I'm on something.
(By the way, previous references to products are here and here.)
* So, ever since the post about Other Party, I am re-reminded about how very small this city is. How does everyone know, dude? I thought I was being super-discreet and everything. But, yeah, random people know, and it's strange and somewhat scary (but also quite flattering, I must admit) that everyone knows everyone and your assumed secret liaison is not really such a secret and everyone's actually sniggering, because, really, WHY did I assume this was so hush-hush? (On another tangent, absolutely love the word liaison. I think I'm going to use it more. Along with twilight and soiree. Soiree, especially.)
* I've also realised that in the past two months of manic party attending, I've always been invited somewhere or the other on Saturday night, usually for a private party. This makes me feel very popular and wanted, sure, but it's also a little worrisome, because this weekend, so far, have not been invited anywhere. Which means my Grand Record of not having to spend any money on Saturday night might just be coming to an end. Quick, someone throw a party and call me! I'll be sitting by the phone, I promise. My need to have my weekends chalked out on, oh, TUESDAY, is a side of me I don't normally reveal, but if I don't have a plan for the weekend, I am physically uncomfortable. Going with the flow is not a term I like. Actually, I'll go so far as to say it's a term I HATE with a purple passion. A magenta passion, even. I think it's my deep, screwed up need to have control over at least some aspects of my life. You have OCD? Hey, I have obsessive planning. I even plan out conversations before I have them, which gets alarming when the other person doesn't respond exactly the way they did in your head. I wish I was like a puppet master or something. This is also why I always need to be the one holding the remote.
* Also got this email from Filmmaker Friend today saying: "Hello little eM.Read your latest blog. Nice, fun reading but there IS such a thing as tooooo much honesty you know..." To which I responded, "Oh, why?" and he said: "Sharing angst in public is a bit like having sex in public. Its very personal and should be shared with only those who're that intimate. Grief, ecstasy, angst, etc not for public consumption.Thats what I feel.." I never really thought of it that way, but perhaps he's right. Maybe I do purge much too much on this blog. Any thoughts?
(and because a subliminal message isn't a subliminal message unless it's repeated a hundred million times, vote for me!)